Friday, June 2, 2017

Do the right thing

If you read my blog regularly you probably know that I despise Donald Trump. I don't think he's fit to lead this country and seems to be dragging us backwards. His latest terrible decision is to pull the US out of the Paris Climate Agreement. Why anyone would be against protecting the planet is beyond me.

Yesterday the Mayor of Boston, Marty Walsh, was quick to say that Boston would uphold the Agreement.

Boston is consistently ranked as one of the top greenest cities in the US and I'm grateful to live in a city that embraces clean energy and protecting our environment.

Boston is not the only city pledging to uphold the Climate Agreement. 92 other Mayors have also agreed to continue to honor the Agreement.

We will continue to lead. We are increasing investments in renewable energy and energy efficiency. We will buy and create more demand for electric cars and trucks. We will increase our efforts to cut greenhouse gas emissions, create a clean energy economy, and stand for environmental justice. And if the President wants to break the promises made to our allies enshrined in the historic Paris Agreement, we’ll build and strengthen relationships around the world to protect the planet from devastating climate risks. The world cannot wait — and neither will we.
I hope more cities pledge to honor the Agreement.

2 comments:

  1. I love that he said, "he better check his geography." This makes me so happy. My mayor morally bankrupt and stands with Trump, so I'm going to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete