Wednesday, January 13, 2016

That's a lot of balls y'all

Are you playing the Powerball? It's up to 1.5 billion and it seems like everyone is buying tickets. I'm not one to gamble or play the lottery but when all of my coworkers were going in on tickets I decided I had no choice. If I didn't go in then they would definitely win and I would be the only one not getting a piece of that sweet Powerball pie. Now that I've put in my $2.00 we're pretty much guaranteed to lose. I really have no luck when it comes to games of chance.

It's fun to fantasize about what I would do if I won. My fantasies include paying off debt, buying a reasonably priced motor vehicle and a house that has a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. I would not take the lump sum payment, I would take the annuity to save on taxes. I've got it all planned out.

Why can't someone reasonable like me win? It always ends up being some elderly person in the Midwest or J. Lo's mom.

I can't take credit for the title of this post. I saw it on a sign outside my local convenience store and it made me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I bought three tickets last night. That's how powerful these power balls truly are. It's a world record! How can you not play?
    -Pecker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like thinking about what to do with all that money. You could take care of your entire fantasy, and it wouldn't even make a dent!

    We "never" buy lottery tickets, but like Pecker, how could we not? It's part of history. Plus, I totally plan on winning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never enter the Lottery as my partner works for Camelot, but I'm not a gambler anyway. The few times we've been to Vegas, I've not even been tempted to waste money on the slot maachines, especially as I'm not very lucky. :D

    ReplyDelete