Monday, June 13, 2016

A visit to the Arnold Arboretum



This was my first visit to the Arnold Arboretum. How can that be? I've lived in around around Boston my entire life. I've never seen so many different species of trees in one area.

The Arboretum is 281 acres and is located in the Jamaica Plain and Roslindale neighborhoods of Boston. It was established in 1872 and was founded as a public-private partnership between the city of Boston and Harvard University. The best part is, it's free and open to the public. 

Derek's parents invited us to see 'Inuksuit' - which is a massive outdoor instrumental piece. I have to be honest and admit that 'Inuksuit' was a bit too weird for my taste but I did enjoy walking around the Arboretum. I'd like to go back and explore more and take some more photos without a gong and a siren going off.

1 comment: