Monday, December 11, 2017

Winter In The City

Boston had its first significant snowfall of the season this Saturday. I hate winter but I admit that I enjoyed the snow even while sliding my way across the Common. The Common is all lit up for the holidays and nature added its own snowy touch. It was a nice soft snow, not the whip you in the face kind that comes with a blizzard. This is my kind of winter. It's a shame I won't be able to hold onto this feeling until spring. I'll be cursing the freezing temps and feet of snow very soon.



We weren't out in the snow for the scenery though. We were heading to Mooo.... for a fantastic steak dinner with Germana and Andy. It was an expensive dinner but well worth the money. Mooo.... might just be my new favorite steakhouse in Boston. After we stuffed ourselves full of steak we headed over to the Omni Parker House for drinks. We had a nice view of the snow and all the party buses that drove by (we counted at least 6).

We'll be back for our annual stay at the Omni Parker this weekend. I highly recommend a nice hotel stay rather than exchanging gifts. Merry Christmas to us!

4 comments:

  1. Love the snow and love Winter. Problem is it is too long, should be about 6 weeks and then jump right to April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. I'll be done with winter after January 1

      Delete
  2. It is very pretty! But yah, looks cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really dreading January and February. I hate the cold.

      Delete