Monday, March 5, 2018

The long awaited foot update

The good news is I found out what's wrong with my foot after all of these months. The bad news is I have arthritis in my big toe. This explains why the walking boot was zero help. My doctor said it's mild. It didn't show up in the x-ray back in October but it did show up in the MRI I had last week. My mother has arthritis in the same toe. She had the joint replaced a few years ago. Thanks for passing that on mom. The plan is to try a cortisone shot and see if that helps. Then I'm going to cry about getting old and maybe a little from the shot because I heard it hurts.

2 comments:

  1. Your mom has a replaced toe joint? Who knew??
    Good luck with the shot. Hope it does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Apparently you can get a fake one.

      Delete