Saturday, May 12, 2018

Back again

You may remember from a previous blog post that I was diagnosed with arthritis of the big toe joint at the I'm not old enough for this age of 34. I had a cortisone shot hoping that would give me some relief for at least a couple of months. Unfortunately, I only had a slight improvement for about two weeks and then I was right back to where I started. I'm very limited in my choice of footwear and can no longer go on long walks. My range of motion in my toe is limited and it's painful to bend. It's left me feeling pretty discouraged. I put it off for a few weeks but finally decided it was time to go back to the doctor. After discussing some options with my doctor I'm going to have surgery to remove any bone spurs and clean out the joint. The surgery is not until August so I have time to read all about the surgery on the internet and freak myself out. I'll be out of work for a week and in a boot but I won't be on crutches. Eventually I'll have the left toe done too but for now it's not as painful as the right toe.

That's enough talk about my feet, let's move on to other exciting topics like seasonal allergies. I'm glad it's spring but wow the pollen is bad right now. Even Derek is suffering and finally caved and started taking Claritin. Spring has arrived but I'll take green grass over snow any day.

Prudential Center courtyard yesterday

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the surgery. You've reminded me to appreciate my big (and other) toes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! Not that I really wore heels before but I'm definitely taking better care of my feet than I was before.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh noo! That sucks big time. Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete