Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Talkin' bout books

The end of the year sneaked up on me as it tends to do. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm nowhere near my goal of reading 30 books in 2018. I've read 15 books so far and I'm just about halfway though Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas. It's a long book and it's just not holding my attention. It's the last book in a seven book series so I refuse to abandon it at this point.

I decided to renew my Barnes & Noble membership today and of course picked up a few new books. Although I love my Kindle it doesn't give me the same thrill as picking up a physical copy of a book. I work by a Barnes & Noble so the temptation is real!


Today's book purchases.

I started reading I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter on my train ride home and I'm already enthralled.

I've asked my Facebook friends to share what the best book they read in 2018 was and I'm already making notes of books to read in 2019. If you've read anything good let me know in the comments. I'm open to most genres.

Tonight I'm going to drink some herbal tea and read in bed until I get very sleepy. Our street is currently being powered by a giant generator that's humming away outside our bedroom with no word on when the problem will be fixed. I suppose I shouldn't complaint after power outages on both Monday and Tuesday but this girl needs a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. If I read in bed I get half way through a page and I'm asleep!

    Happy reading to you.

    ReplyDelete