Thursday, November 15, 2012

Well now you've really set me off. A mini Fifty Shades rant.

I'm reading Fifty Shades Darker. I'm trying to finish what I started but it's hard. It's so hard because the writing is still so bad. People have told me that it improves as the series continues. I have not seen that improvement. At least when I finish no one can say "well you haven't read the whole series so you can't say that it's bad".

At the very least it makes good blog fodder.

So what has set me off in Fifty Shades Darker?

Is it that fact that Ana pretty much stops eating after leaving Christian? That did annoy me but not as much as this.

  My inner goddess is doing a triple axel dismount off the uneven bars.

If you're a girl and you don't know that a triple axel is figure skating and the uneven bars is gymnastics I am revoking your right to have lady parts.

Who is EL James' editor? Did you even read this thing?

I looked in the front of the book to see if it says who the editor is and discovered this little treat:

The author published an earlier serialized version of this story online with different characters as "Master of the Universe" under the pseudonym Snowqueen's Icedragon.

I needed a good laugh. Some Snowqueen. She doesn't even know what a triple axel is.

I don't care if someone enjoys this series. I've read some books of questionable quality, but please stop saying the writing in this series is good. It's not. It's written by a Twlight fan girl woman, who wrote a series based on someone else's idea.

I have a feeling this book will be flying across the room very soon, much like when I read the c-section by vampire teeth scene in the last Twilight book.

No comments:

Post a Comment