Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 in review

This year went by fast. I think I always say that but the older I get the truer that statement seems to be.

2012 was a pretty good year. I'd like to share my favorite things of 2012.

+ The Hunger Games movie. Waiting for that movie to come out was torture. It was like movie Christmas. I was very happy with the movie adaptation.

+My boyfriend not being scared off when I told him that I had shingles on my butt during our first date. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why would I say this? I think the direct quote was something like "I haven't been able to wear pants for over a week because I have shingles on my butt. Don't worry, I'm not contagious anymore."

+Two trips to Newport RI. Once with my brother and his family and once with Derek. That was pretty much my only real "vacation" this year. Hopefully a cruise will be happening in 2013.

+Seeing Our Lady Peace and AWOLNATION live. I need more live music in my life in 2013.

+The Killing Type by Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra.


+Getting an e-reader! I love books. I love reading. I currently have stacks of books all over my apartment because I don't have enough space to put them all. Now I can download books to my e-reader and read all the live long day while petting it mumbling "my precioussssssssssss".

There were a few things that weren't so great in 2012. Getting shingles on my butt would be pretty much up at the top of the list, but over all it was a good year.

2013 will be a great year. No more election crap guys! I'm so happy that's done.

4 comments:

  1. I got ringworm this year. They really should change the name because it sounds so much worse then it actually is. Your boyfriend is obviously amazing for not being scared off by some butt shingles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a (mostly, minus the shingles) fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! I am DYING over the butt shingles... I lack a filter too, so I totally feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dude must be a keeper if he stuck around after that opener! LOL

    ReplyDelete