Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gone Girl or the book of cray cray


I finished Gone Girl and all I can say is WHAT? I had so many theories running through my head and all of them were wrong. I know a lot of people didn't like the ending but I actually didn't mind it. It wasn't what I expected but once I thought about it, would I have been happy with an ending I did expect? Probably not.

I did not like most of the characters (besides Go). Sometimes that makes me not like a book (i.e. Perfume) but that was not the case with Gone Girl. I was too wrapped up in trying to figure out what was going to happen to care.

I was emailing/g-chatting with Lorraine as I was reading since she had already read the book. Once I finished I think our conversation was something like "_____ be cray cray". I will not spoil it by saying who is cray cray.

The rights to the movie have been bought so now I've been thinking about who I would like to see cast. I'm think Rachel McAdams for Amy, Leonardo DiCaprio for Nick and Krysten Ritter for Go.

I'm considering reading another Gillian Flynn book. Has anyone read her other books? What do you think of Gone Girl.

14 comments:

  1. I am now reading her "Dark Places," which is also a book where you are trying to figure it out! It's not as captivating off the bat as Gone Girl, but I am being sucked in all over again. I finished Gone Girl in like 2 days... this one will probably be a few more :)

    Reese Witherspoon optioned the book...I feel like she's going to try to play Amy herself. I can totally see McAdams though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Dark Places. It was a different pace than Gone Girl, but still captivating. AND CRAY.

      Delete
    2. I would be fine with her playing Amy and wouldn't be surprised if she did. For funsies they should cast Ryan Phillippe as Nick.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to up this book on my reading list now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this book, but you have me intrigued. I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read that book. To use the cliche, I could not put it down! But I was disappointed in the ending. It felt like a book full of bangs (dirty!) that ended in a whimper. It's weird- you hate Amy, you hate Nick, and somehow it's still a good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I felt a bit that way about the ending too. Overall I still think it's worth a read though.

      Delete
  5. I have heard so many good things about this book, I have GOT to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the book in one sitting last Saturday. I loved it. And I loved Amy. Crazy sociopath Amy, I loved her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like we've exhausted all our "THIS BOOK IS CRAZY" but I guess I just said it again, so probably not. :)

    Its always fun to chat books with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now to have you read Flowers in the Attic to discuss that ha ha.

      Delete