Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A thank you from me and Boston.

I just want to thank everyone who called, texted, tweeted or emailed me to see if I was ok yesterday.

I was at mile 23. We didn't really know what was going on but we knew it was bad. The bar I was in was closed and we were moved down a side street. I live on the other side of the street so I couldn't get home for a few hours. We waited it out in a hole in the wall bar watching the news coverage.

Who does this? An 8 year old died. People lost limbs. I'm more angry than scared. I just want to know who and why.

I'm thankful no one I know was hurt. I'm thankful I have that many people who care about me. Despite what happened I will be out there next Marathon Monday and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you I love you and you were the first thing I thought of when I heard this. I'm so glad you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, so awful. Glad to hear you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're okay. So bewildering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you and everyone you know is ok. I just don't understand how there can be people out there who go out of their way to hurt and kill and ruin the lives of innocent people. I just can't wrap my head around it.

    ReplyDelete