Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Let me tell you what it's like sleeping on a freight train

Ok so I've never actually slept on a train but I'm pretty sure I know how it feels now. Actually I think sleeping on a train might be better than sleeping on my bed at this point.

Now that the weather is getting cooler someone in my building turned their heat on. I don't think it's been cold enough for that but whatever. It would seem our bedroom is right over the burners for our building. More specifically our bed is right over the burners. When one of the burners turns on the whole bed shakes and it makes a really loud and awful sound. It cycles every few minutes. Not once an hour but EVERY FEW MINUTES. Fun times? NO. 

I suggested that we move the bed but Derek pointed out that we don't really have a place to move the bed to. Our bedroom can't be rearranged without looking weird. My "solution" was to buy another rug to put over the existing carpet. (I should mention that ear plugs are out because I can't sleep with them in). The extra rug helps with the vibrations but the sound is still extremely annoying. 

I might lose my mind until next summer. (I'm assuming my freakishly cold neighbors will be using their heat all spring).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should check with your landlord to make sure the boiler is actually working properly. Maybe it shouldn't be that loud? (Hopefully)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it's just the way it is but I'm going to head into the basement to investigate.

      Delete