Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday night couch recovery

I am exhausted. Last night Derek and I went to Sidebar to celebrate my former roommate Todd's birthday. $7 pitchers of Bud Light and delicious curly fries were consumed. I woke up this morning feeling very tired and briefly thought it was Saturday and thought I could just roll over and go back to sleep. I quickly realized it was not Saturday and dragged myself out of bed.

It was a long day at work but I made it through. The other assistants and I have been eating lunch in the food court lately. It's great for people watching and gets us out of the crowded lunchroom. There was a convention nearby that involved many teens dressing like "business professionals". Apparently "business professional" to teenage girls means heels you can't walk in and the shortest dress or skirt possible. I wore some pretty questionable things in my teens so I can't judge too harshly.

Here's what "business professional" should look like in case you were curious.


Despite being tired I decided to walk home from work today. I felt a little guilty after the fries and beer last night and I knew the second I got home I wouldn't want to exercise. I'll be spending the rest of my Friday night on the couch.

2 comments:

  1. It IS kinda funny what teens think passes for "business" wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to remind myself that most of them will learn as they get older.

      Delete