Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Administrative Professionals' Day

Today is Administrative Professionals' Day. If you're new around these parts I'm a legal assistant. You can call me a secretary, that's ok. I enjoy my job and I know that my duties extend beyond getting coffee. Our firm is small so the assistants handle much of the work that would normally go to a paralegal. Over the years I think I've gotten pretty good at drafting pleadings and letters. The firm is buying the assistants lunch today as a thank you and I got an Amazon gift card from one of my bosses. My kindle and I will put that gift card to good use.

In honor of Administrative Professionals' Day I'd like to give a shout out to one of my favorite fictional secretaries - Joan Holloway from Mad Men.


I love that Joan is respected and relied upon by everyone in the office. She's not without her faults but she is no pushover. I wish I could pull off her wardrobe but I don't quite have the figure for it. Maybe I could try the pen necklace? I'd probably look ridiculous but it would be nice to always have a pen handy.

2 comments:

  1. I never got a day for being a Low Level Manager Smuck. I say we need a "Low Level Management Smuck Day!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bosses day but I feel like Low Level Manager Smuck Day is more specific. I'll see if I can get the calendar people on it.

      Delete