Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back to the vet


Yesterday I had to bring Bosco to the vet for a follow up visit to check his blood sugar. Bosco doesn't do so well on car trips and vomited and peed in the carrier on the way there. I feel like a horrible cat mom hearing him cry in the carrier. It's a rough trip for both of us. He's perfectly fine once he gets out of the carrier in the vet's office.

He's lost a pound since I've stopped free feeding which is good since he needs to loose some weight. I'll get the results from his blood test in a few days and if his blood sugar is still very high he'll have to go on insulin.

Luckily Bosco is very tolerant of people touching him and I don't think giving him injections will be a problem, especially if I do it while he's eating. I'm hoping for the best with the test results but the vet is pretty sure he will need to go on insulin.

I guess we'll wait and see what the results say.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the results are okay! My boyfriend's mom's cat is terrible when it comes to taking her to the vet. They have to sedate her just to get her in the carrier to get her there. She's a pretty mean kitty, so I guess it's a good thing I'm allergic to her and can't touch her anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky Bosco is easy to get in the carrier. Some cats are horrible and leave you with bloody arms.

      Delete