Thursday, July 10, 2014

Macarena Stadium

"You skin is as thick as toilet paper."

It's true. I am a sensitive Sally. Keep that in mind and always say nice things about me.

I am getting my hair cut today so I shall no longer look like the girl from the ring. I always think I want longer hair and then when it starts getting long I'm like "what do I do with all of this?" I'm not cutting it short. My boyfriend can breathe a sigh of relief.

Can this soccer crap be over now? I find it funny how many people suddenly care about soccer. I also find it funny that I keep reading Maracana Stadium as Macarena Stadium. HEY MACARENA! AHAI!
In the United States, the song, and its corresponding Macarena dance, became popular during the same week as the 1996 Democratic National Convention. The song was frequently played between activities, and large groups of delegates and other attendants would be seen doing the Macarena dance. The song and dance became such a part of the convention that Vice President Al Gore, having a reputation for stiffness, made a joke about doing the Macarena dance during his speech. He said, "I would like to demonstrate for you the Al Gore version of the Macarena", then remained motionless for a few seconds, and eventually asked, "Would you like to see it again?"
I'm picturing this in my head and laughing my ass off.

No comments:

Post a Comment