Friday, August 1, 2014

Botched

I've always been fascinated by plastic surgery, especially by plastic surgery that has gone wrong. That might be horrible to say but it's like a car wreck, I can't look away. And so enters my latest tv obsession - Botched. If you haven't figured out the premise of the show, people get plastic surgery that goes horribly wrong and the doctors on Botched try to correct the mess as best they can.

I have to say it seems that the doctors do a very good job at correcting some truly terrifying mistakes. Do not get plastic surgery done by a sketchy "doctor" in a foreign country. You could end up with cooking oil in your bum. I would also recommend that if your sketchy "doctor" uses ice as an anesthetic you run far far away.

One of the more bizarre surgeries I've seen on the show was a young man who wanted to cover up a scar on his head from a bad hair transplant. They put a fake boob in the back of his head to stretch the skin. He was walking around with a C cup on his head until the skin stretched enough. Do you wear a bra on your head until it's removed? He was in good spirits through it all even going to a club with his friends to show off his boob head.

The doctors won't perform surgery on every person who comes on the show. If someone has had too much work done or is requesting an operation where the results are likely to fail they will be honest and turn down the job. What's alarming is some of the people they turn away say they'll just find another doctor who will perform the surgery, and I believe them.

I have very briefly considered plastic surgery in the past. I'm not the most busty of ladies but after seeing so many bad boob jobs and disintegrating implants being removed I think I'm all set. My boobs may be on the smaller side but I think I'm learning to appreciate what I've got, which is boobs that are in their proper place and the same size.

4 comments:

  1. I can't get past the fact a dude had a boob implant IN HIS HEAD. I'm dead. I can't go on anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea it was pretty funny. At least he had a good sense of humor about it showing all his friends his boob

      Delete
  2. That certainly sounds interesting! The only way I want cooking oil in my bum is from eating too much of it and having the calories stored in my butt fat.

    I felt the same way about my boobs when I was younger, but now that I'm 41 and they're still passing the pencil test, I'm happy to be lightly endowed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha yes I only want cooking oil in my bum from eating too. I like "lightly endowed" good term.

      Delete