Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How many panties does it cost for dental work?

It's December which means some event will happen that will cost me a small fortune. Some years it's my car, some years it's my cat's teeth, this year it's my own teeth.

Dental insurance in the US is a joke. Your dental work costs $2,000.00 (for one tooth mind you) and insurance is like "hmmm well we can cover about $200.00 of that). Gee thanks! That's really swell guys. Who needs teeth anyways? I do have some money saved and there is always the option of selling my underwear online....This is what you've reduced me to Blue Cross. How many panties does it cost to pay for dental work?

I'm currently trying to eat less food which will hopefully help save my expensive teeth some wear and tear. Not eating all the things is hard. It's one of my favorite hobbies. I've been doing ok and trying my best to ignore being hungry. I'm not starving myself, I'm eating 3 meals a day and they are not celery sticks, I'm just used to eating way more than I should be. It has been getting a bit easier. Whenever I want to keep stuffing my face I remind myself how much better my reflux will be when I drop the weight.

Now I'd like to discuss how crappy the weather is out today. It's cold and rainy and I don't like it. The only positive about weather like this is that it makes me feel more creative. I have the urge to write more, to read more, to create more. I like writing random poems, really random poems. I haven't done that in a while.

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But then again so is your face
Pale and soggy, plastered with stringy hair
Get out of the rain
You're melting
And I'm afraid

6 comments:

  1. Years ago insurance through work never included dental. On the good side, my dintist never demanded payment in full, "Just send me $5 or $10 a month, whatever you can afford and we will be good." It was 8 years before I ever got completely caught up. Paid off one bill and another came up. I remind him of that today (same dentist for 35 years) and he tells me "Pay up!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain. I went to the dentist last month and need $4,000 worth of work and thats after what the insurance covers. I need a root canal, two crowns and a tooth drilled out. I don't have enough kidneys for this shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a couple of crowns that needed overhauls a few years ago. My dentist went on a cruise after.

    Good luck with your teeth! At least your creativity is free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably putting his kids through college

      Delete