Thursday, January 1, 2015

Your ruined it! Now I can't read it.

Has anyone ever ruined a book for you? With a popular book the only way to avoid this happening is to basically avoid social media.


When the last book in the Divergent Trilogy was released I stayed off tumblr and twitter just in case. The book was not ruined by the internets though but by a co-worker. I was minding my own business in the kitchen when a co-worker told me her daughter was upset by the end of the book because INSERT MASSIVE SPOILER THAT MADE ME NOT EVER WANT TO FINISH THIS SERIES. I couldn't stop her, it was early in the morning and my brain and mouth could not work together fast enough.

I still have not read Allegiant and I probably won't see the last two movies until I read the book (because of course they're splitting it into two movies to make more cash money). It's not just because I know of something huge that happens it's also because I'm really pissed at what happens. Damn you Veronica Roth.

I'll probably read the book eventually just to finish off the series but it just won't be the same.

Let's not forget one of the biggest spoilers of all time. I somehow managed to avoid having Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince spoiled.

2 comments:

  1. I have never had to worry about spoilers, mostly because I read books that are relatively obscure and/or old, so pretty much no one is talking about them. Then I get sad because I have no one to discuss my books with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That certainly has it's good and bad points. I feel like that with some books I read for sure. Some are so good but no one else I know has read them and I just want to discuss! Feel free to send some book recommendations my way.

      Delete