Friday, March 27, 2015

Falling apart at the seams

Do you ever feel like your body is just falling apart. I'm not very happy with my body right now. I've had this cough for the past couple of days and now I'm playing the "is it acid reflux or something else?" game. It's fun waking up in the middle of the night hacking your brains out. I can't take cough medicine because it will give me horrible heartburn and is also counterproductive if the cough is due to my reflux. So I'm a bit cranky because my stomach has been rebelling against me since October/November of 2013!!! Before that I was fine. I took one prilosec and pretty much went on my way. Now I take two prilosec a day and a zantac before I go to bed. How is this still happening? 

I'm trying to lose some more weight because that's supposed to help but it's slow going. I'm not very overweight so it's not easy. I also eat a lot of carbs because they are one of the safest food groups for me with my bladder and stomach issues. Most fruits are off limits so I'm trying to fit in more veg.

I started using my fitbit again to track my steps but now it's not working right. It could be that the battery is dead so I'm going to try replacing it and see what happens. You totally threw off my groove fitbit!

I hope at some point I can look back on this post while drinking a margarita and be like thank God I feel better now!

8 comments:

  1. I've been horrible with remembering to wear my fitbit. I feel bad about it! I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I hope you can look back from a better place soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey you sound like a walking wreck! Joking, sorry. I have acid reflux too, and suck on a Tums every so often. They work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I know that feeling well. Bummer. I hope the cough resolves a.s.a.p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it's actually a chest cold which I guess is good? ha ha. Hard to tell at first what's causing a sore throat for me.

      Delete