Wednesday, April 29, 2015

How can my life be boring when I have so much to tell you about seasonal allergies and kale?

Derek had mentioned that I haven't been blogging as much as I usually do. He suggested that maybe my life has been boring. To prove him wrong I'm writing this very excited blog post about allergies and kale. 

So I think everyone around this neck of the woods is suffering from spring allergies right now. I have so much antihistamine coursing through my veins I shouldn't be able to sneeze for years. If the weather would just get warmer and the trees would actually get their leaves I think I'd be doing much better.

Now let's move on to exciting topic number 2. KALE. I'm really into it right now. I'm trying to eat more greens so I've been shoving baby kale into my sandwiches. Baby kale seems to not be as bitter. I'm known at work for eating my veggies. What can I say, I like them but still feel like I should eat more considering the fruits I can eat are limited and I can't take a multivitamin.

I started watching the White Queen on Amazon Prime. I'm a big fan of anything remotely Tudor related and I read the book years ago. I've only seen one episode so far but it's not bad. Edward IV was like listen everyone I got married in secret and people were all like but she's mid-ranked and not even anyone remotely important and her first husband was on the other king's team and Edward was like I DON'T CARE. These would be Henry VIII's grandparents. You really should read about that time period because it is crazy! This would be the War of the Roses that I'm referring to.


This is like some Lifetime level drama people but it actually happened and Tori Spelling is nowhere to be seen (thank God).

Well that's enough excitement for one blog post. Go eat some kale or something.

10 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were different types of kale! You learn something new everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crispy roasted kale. Mmmm so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that baby carrots aren't as nutritious as mature carrots, so I wonder if the same is true for kale. I have no idea, but I'm sure that eating any green is preferable to eating no greens, and kale does have a good reputation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think baby kale has the same nutritional value but it seems to taste a little less bitter.

      Delete
  4. I enjoy kale now and then. Here are some tips on getting the most out of your kale: http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2014/01/the-dark-side-of-kale-and-how-to-eat-around-it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I usually put a bit in my sandwich. I'm too lazy to make a smoothie every morning. I made soup tonight with some kale but it's cooked.

      Delete
  5. Well, now I feel like I should eat some kale. But baby kale? Would that be like veal of the vegetable world?
    White Queen. Looks hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that's a good point. Is baby kale like veal? I don't feel any guilt eating baby kale though.

      Delete