Friday, October 9, 2015

Truffle oil is great! Long weekends are great! Christopher Columbus can suck it!


I do believe the fall allergies have got me. I'm a sniffling sneezy mess. On the bright side we have a long weekend coming up. You can't bring me down allergies! I have massive amounts of Benadryl on my side.

Question: How is Columbus Day still a holiday? I'm glad to have Monday off but we really need to get rid of this holiday. Columbus was a mass murderer who didn't even realize where he landed. He can suck it. Let's find something else to celebrate like naps or potato products.

I went to a delicious tapas bar last night. The wine was ridiculously expensive but the food was so good! I really love truffle oil and it was on so many things, I was very pleased. The waitress told us that if we gave them our email address they'll send us a bunch of coupons. Yes please. There are still a few things on the menu that I want to try like fried brie! That's my favorite cheese. Now I just have to convince Derek to go. He's not a big fan of tapas. If not then I'll just go with a friend again.



6 comments:

  1. Columbus Day isn't a holiday here in the UK, but I'll help you celebrate potato products, as long as I don't have to eat fried brie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shouldn't be a holiday anywhere! I appreciate your potato enthusiasm

      Delete
  2. There's also no Columbus Day in Canada, although technically he "discovered" all of North America at the same time. Oh well, no problem. I would totally get behind a day devoted to naps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree completely about Columbus, and I am one-fourth Indian after all. My ONLY reservation about dumping him from a place of honor is that I don’t know where such cleansing would end. Because Jefferson had slaves, things named after him have already been changed, and other people’s statues have been removed, and so forth. It’s all too close to PC to suit me, and, besides, no one wants to give up a holiday, so the push is on to rename Columbus Day “Native Americans Day,” a name that just reeks of PC as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he's the only one I can think of that we specifically get the day off for. I think it shouldn't be a holiday but mostly because it's very outdated and just a bit out of place as a holiday. I do think we can be overly PC in general. And you're right. I still want the day off!

      Delete