Friday, February 10, 2017

Hello?

It's pretty rare for my office to close due to snow, so when I heard we were getting hit with a storm on Thursday I planned to be ready to go for work. I woke up the morning of and hadn't heard a peep from the office so I left Derek snoozing away since he was working from home and headed off to work. I trudged through the windy streets of Boston and picked up a bagel to eat for breakfast. I get to the office and notice that all the lights are off. That's a bit strange because it was almost 9 and usually someone has arrived to turn on all the lights by then. I started to have a feeling that something was off.

I walked around the office turning lights on and saw that our accounting guy was in. I asked him where everyone was and he asked me if I got the text saying that we were closed. As you can guess, I did not get the text. I was a little peeved at this point but decided to eat my bagel first before I headed home. I texted my boss to let him know that he forgot about me. He asked me to call him and he explained that his text would not go through to my phone so he emailed my personal email to let me know the office would be closed. I usually don't check my email at night before I go to bed and I don't check it until I'm at work in the morning so I didn't see the email. I could have been curled up in bed all nice and cozy. 

I decided to make the best of the situation and stop at the supermarket to get some food. I made it home before the snow got really bad and I even took a nap. Not the perfect snow day but a snow day none the less.

4 comments:

  1. He should have called! At least you get brownie points for making it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From now on I bet you'll be checking your emails before you go to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you made it in, and with a bagel to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I would have been pissed since it's an hour drive for me to get to work during non-snow!

    ReplyDelete