Friday, August 18, 2017

A 90s Throwback

I have to give credit to my friend Fiona for always finding random fun things to do. Apparently the Coolidge Corner theater has a Rewind! night. One Thursday a month they show "small screen classics" followed by an after party at Osaka. When she asked me if I wanted to see Romeo + Juliet of course I said yes.


I can't believe this movie came out 21 years ago. I was in middle school at the time and I remember having a huge crush on Leonardo DiCaprio. I'm pretty sure every young girl had a crush on him back in 1996.
The ceiling in the theater
I love the Coolidge Corner theater. They are an independent movie theater that's been operating since 1933. The decor is fantastic and the popcorn is always super fresh. They also serve beer and wine (hollah!)

It's been a long time since I last watched Romeo + Juliet and I realized I missed a lot of the humor in the movie when I watched it as a teen. There were quite a few times where we all laughed out loud. Of course we all know how Romeo and Juliet ends so the movie ended with tears. Fiona went through all of her tissues.

The after party at Osaka was sold out so we missed out on sushi and 90s music but we consoled ourselves with "Irish" nachos and drinks at Harry's. We staked out a table by the open windows but quickly regretted that decision when we realized it was actually a bit chilly. Luckily beer helps with that. The husband, Lil-Anne and Phil ended up joining us and the sushi after party was soon forgotten.
Fiona and the "Irish" nachos
We made it home much later than planned but I have no regrets. Ok, maybe I regret eating so many "Irish" nachos but how could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment