Monday, September 18, 2017

Phantom of the Opera

Friday night I made Derek be my date to see Phantom of the Opera at the Boston Opera House. Our seats were three rows back from the stage. I decided to treat myself since I will not be seeing Hamilton when it comes to Boston due to the very high ticket price. It was a great production and I'm not just saying that as a Phantom fan. Even Derek said he enjoyed it and he is not generally a fan of musicals.

The ladies room during intermission was interesting. As you can imagine there was a very long line but it was moving. When I made it to the bathroom entrance I could see that each stall was numbered and there was a woman with a microphone directing people into empty stalls. It was so efficient that I actually got out of the bathroom before Derek. The men's room did not have anyone directing men to the urinals. This was the first time I've experienced a bathroom director and I think more venues should do it. We all know how long the line for the ladies room can be so anything that helps is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea. I'm totally laughing at "bathroom director". I wonder if she has that on her resume'?

    ReplyDelete