Saturday, December 23, 2017

Christmas Vacation

Christmas break is finally here! I met up with Derek and two of his co-workers at the Merchant after work for some Christmas drinks. They had a drink called the I Love You Ginny which of course had to be ordered.



It was cold and rainy but a few drinks (and Uber) helped with that. I'm still not used to coming home without being greeted by Bosco. I've caught myself a few times sticking my foot in the door when I open it so he doesn't escape into the hall. It takes a second or two to remember that I don't have to do that anymore. I know it will get better with time but right now it's rough.

Tomorrow we'll cook our new Christmas Eve traditional dinner of beef wellington and scallops wrapped with bacon. We did this last year and really enjoyed it so why not keep it going?

6 comments:

  1. Did he take credit for that drink? I would have said I set it up special...you don't get chances like that very often.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas Ginny, I hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The I Love You Ginny sounds good, even though I don't know what elderflower liquor is?
    Merry Christmas, Ginny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sweet and tasty. If you see it in a drink go for it.

      Delete