Thursday, January 4, 2018

Bombogenesis

Well, we've already had our first big storm of 2018. The predictions for this storm were all over the place. By my very precise measurement of how high the snow comes up on my boots I think we got about 15 inches. I love a good snow storm (when I don't have to work of course). I spent the day reading, napping, snacking and watching the US Figure Skating Championships. Because I don't have a car and live in an apartment building I don't have to shovel and can enjoy my relaxing snow day.

Tomorrow's commute is sure to be a mess. The temperature is going to drop very quickly and all this snow and in some cases flooding is going to freeze. The MBTA is not known for handling storm clean up well. At least tomorrow is Friday.

Flooding in the Seaport from the Mass State Police

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the snow day, I hope you are wrong about tomorrows commute, but sadly I suspect you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hope you got through Friday ok! I got a lot less snow than that, but it kept me home too. No regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boots are probably as accurate as instruments at the airport.

    ReplyDelete