Monday, December 3, 2012

This is not offensive.

This is just ridiculous. If you don't want to click over, the RMV in Braintree took down their Christmas decorations after one person complained that it was "offensive" to only have decorations up for one holiday.

You might think it was a manger or something else that has religious meaning but no, it was a tree and some Santa decorations hanging on a wall. As someone who actually went to CCD I can tell you that nowhere in the bible does it say "and then Jesus was born and they decorated a pine tree with lights and angels. Then Santa came and left Jesus a wooden toy hand craft by tiny elves."

I don't consider Christmas trees or Santa religious. In fact I know a few people who are Jewish and put up a tree and decorate it because it's fun. Santa and trees have nothing to do with Jesus. And if I walked into the RMV and saw a Menorah. I wouldn't care. You know why? Because it doesn't change my life. It's not forcing someone else's beliefs on me. So get over yourself and focus that negativity towards something that actually deserves it.


5 comments:

  1. Maybe they're *really* opposed to pagan Solstice decorations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's it. The solstice is really offensive.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the most wonderful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say merry christmas but that might be offensive.

      Delete
  3. Some people have too much time on their hands. People should not have enough time to be offended by a Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete