My building reeks of paint thinner. It's really strong in the basement and my apartment just happens to be on the first floor. I've googled solutions for this problem and the top answers seem to be cutting up onion and placing it in a bowl of vinegar or lighting candles to burn up the fumes. I'm going the candle route so my apartment smells like a freshly painted Yankee Candle store rather than a freshly painted douche.
I was creeping around my basement trying to find the source of the smell. I'm glad no one saw me because I'm sure I looked weird. Considering hiding onions down there to see if that actually works.