Monday, November 25, 2013

Someone get me the snake oil salesman!

GERD is still acting up. I was feeling really good yesterday and now I'm feeling very much not good. I hate that I have to wait until the end of December to go back to the doctor. I'm supposed to be on this higher dosage of meds for a month before they try something else. I'm pretty sure I just need to switch meds again. I really don't want to have another endoscopy done. I think I might try to take melatonin at night. Supposedly it can help with GERD symptoms. I have some already in the house so why not give it a shot? I'm desperate here! I would drink snake oil purchased from a shady man who just rolled into town promising miracle cures at this point.


I'll take 20! It is endorsed by real Indians after all.

I'm currently watching South Park and reading about the history of blogging on wikipedia. For some reason I'm fascinated with the early years of blogging. People don't really spill their guts like they used to. I guess the gut spilling has moved to facebook.

Can we talk about Family Guy for a second? (I swear I'm not a 12 year old boy after mentioning South Park and Family Guy in one blog post. Also, stop reading now if you don't know who died on Family Guy).

I haven't watched Family Guy in years but when I heard they killed off Brian I was a bit sad. He was one of the best characters on the show and then I had to go and watch his death. OH MY GOD DO NOT DO THAT BECAUSE YOU WILL CRY! "You've given me a wonderful life. I love you all." I can't handle animals dying, even cartoon ones.

That's all I got for today guys. Time to drink my snake oil and go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I spend about half of my nights sleeping (and I use that term loosely) practically sitting up. Nothing worse than waking up in a half hour coughing fit after you've inhaled a bunch of stomach acid. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what's been happening to me. It's a real treat when you're trying to sleep. Usually I just get the heartburn but this time it's the choking acid. Sorry you have to go through this too.

      Delete