Thursday, November 28, 2013

Turkey, catnip and candles that make me seeze

Derek and I went to my mom and Tony's house for Thanksgiving today. I avoided the Mass Pike and took back roads and by some miracle we did not run into any traffic. I'm still stuffed from all the food. My mom had little trivia cards printed out and we competed for the prize which was gum, a candy bar and chap stick. Tony and I tied and although he won the tie breaker he gave me the prize. Winner winner chicken dinner! I'm rich in gum and candy.

My mom had a few Christmas decorations up. Mini trees are so cute.

Thanksgiving Day selfie. Best to do it in semi darkness from the waist up so you can't see how bloated I am from stuffing my face.

I bought a fake tree at Target yesterday. I can't wait to put it up and decorate it. I've never put up a tree in my own apartment before. I'm overly excited about it. I seem to have a lot of bird ornaments. I'm not sure how this happened. The plan is to put it up tomorrow.

You should have seen Derek and I at Target trying to figure out how many boxes of lights we should buy. We had no clue so we just got one box for now and figured we can get more if it's not enough. Is there some kind of trick to figuring that out?

I'm home now trying to digest my food. I gave the cats some turkey and then put some catnip out and they are happy kitty campers. I also lit a mistletoe candle which means I'll be sneezing because I'm allergic to pine. I just love the smell, I can't help it.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment