Monday, December 16, 2013

Teeth talk, thoughts on family and winter on Boylston Street

Today was the first visit for the start of my dental work. The red areas below are what they are filling due to erosion. I had the left side worked on which is on the right side of this picture.


Longest two hours of my life! I have a temporary inlay for now which looks kind of funky (it's very very white) but it's in the back of mouth so you can't really tell. My mouth is still a little sore but I ate some ice cream and chicken nuggets (not together) and now I feel a little better.

After the dentist I went to visit my grandmother with my mother. Although this is my father's mother, my mom still visits which I think is nice. My parents divorced when I was about five but I have always been close to my father's side of the family. My mother and my grandparents made an effort to make sure we saw each other. My mom is pretty much the best.

When my mom was driving me back home we talked about how my grandmother is still hanging in there despite everything she's been through (major stroke follow by mini seizures) and how there's nothing we can do once we get old. At some point you're not going to be who you were, your body or mind will start to betray you. I can't picture my mother or even myself like that, but then again I could have said the same thing about my grandmother two years ago. Her mind is still there, I'm thankful that she knows who we are but it's tough seeing how small and frail she looks.

I'm sure you've had enough of teeth and heavy family talk so here's some pictures of the cats and Boylston Street.







No comments:

Post a Comment