Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ugly sweater live band karaoke

Thursday night I went to live band ugly sweater karaoke at the Landsdowne. I had a blast!

The french fries looked so good here but I passed on the fires and ordered corned beef and cabbage spring rolls. They were very good so I didn't feel too deprived.


Fiona is helping model my food.

I was too chicken to sing karaoke with a live band. Once I actually decided I was ready to do it the sign up sheet was really long so I didn't sign up. Next time I'm going to suck it up and do it.

Live band karaoke is intimidating. They do have lyric sheets though which helps. Lil-Anne gave me her ugly sweater koozie that she got for singing.


This was quite the drunken duet. They sang twice, I'm sure you can imagine how the second time went.


MacKenzie - keeper of the coats.


Apparently the bathroom and I decided to coordinate. Man I'm so cool. Check out the ugly sweater koozie.


There were no hooks in the bathroom stalls. I had to pee with my purse around my neck. Don't worry I am not actually peeing here. That's a whole different level of selfies no one wants to see. I'm still standing up in the stall.

There was also an ugly sweater cut out that Fiona is modeling here. I'm the elf in the photo. Please look for me in the second Hobbit movie.


Moving on to Friday night! Derek and I had Thai food at Montien. I ordered a Pom Pom Margarita. It had pomegranate juice in it and it was really good. I also successfully tied a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. File that under "skills that do NOT pay the bills".


After dinner we tried to find a bar that wasn't super packed. We ended up going to Sweet Water. I was going to snap chat some of my friends and I heard these guys saying they should photo bomb so I asked them if they wanted to be in the snap chat.


Can't really remember who I snap chatted with this but I hope you enjoyed!

Now I'm just waiting to see when this snow storm is going to start and if it will alter my Saturday night plans.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen Live Band karaoke! I don't think I could handle that. But kudos to you for even thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time seeing karaoke with a live band too. You need some guts to do it, that's for sure.

      Delete
  2. oooh that cocktail looks delicious xxx

    ReplyDelete