Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thank you Boston for being the soundtrack to my 20s.

Sorry, but I'm going to get a bit sappy here.

I was walking home the other night and even though it was cold and snowing, I took my time and took a few pictures.

I started thinking about how lucky I am that I've had the chance to live and work in such a great city. One of my former co-workers said to me once "I wish I had done that in my 20s, lived and worked in a city". As 30 creeps ever closer I look back on my 20s and smile. Boston has been the soundtrack to my 20s and I am pretty damn lucky for that.

Don't worry, I still plan on traipsing around Boston in my 30s. I may not be single and singing Death Cab at the top of my lungs with Melissa down Beacon Street anymore but I'm not done with this city yet.

Maybe I should share those pics.



Ok this last picture is kind of random but this is really the only MBTA booth I've seen decorated and they had Chirstmas music pumping through the speakers.


You would never know that Jingle Bell Rock was playing by the look on her face.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, and it totally describes how I felt about living in San Diego in my early to mid-twenties. Those beaches were definitely the soundtrack of that decade for me!

    ReplyDelete