Thursday, December 26, 2013

The best gifts are the ones you secretly know you need but never think to ask for.

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. I feel like I can't get into holiday detox mode until after New Years but I'm glad the shopping and wrapping and driving all over is done.

I got some pretty great gifts this year. I got an AM/FM tuner for my ipod from Derek so I can listen to it in the car. I'm very excited about this because I am sick of the music on the radio. 2013 was not my favorite year for music but I also feel like I didn't really search it out. Either way I'm glad to be able to listen to my ipod in the car again.

Derek got me a very thoughtful gift - a new digital camera! My old camera was dropped on St. Patrick's Day a couple years ago and has been held together by tape. I had been thinking of buying a new one for myself but thankfully I didn't, I would have ruined my Christmas gift. It has a lot of fun camera modes like toy cam and fish eye. I can't wait to experiment more.

Derek's parents got me a pearl necklace. I'm going to be very classy now, please start calling me by my full name - Virginia Maire.

We went to my Uncle Scott's Christmas Day. His back yard is a pond. He lives in my dream house, I just love it.


Here's me testing out the toy cam mode.


And here is the host - Uncle Scott (also in toy cam mode)


His shirt says "wicked happy campah" I need that shirt.

I was very proud of myself for not going nuts with the food on Christmas. My cholesterol is not good and I found this out right before the holidays so I'm really trying to not eat as much junk (oh cheese I love you so much, but our relationship has to change!)

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm wearing for NYE. I'm not going anywhere super fancy but I want to look cute. I have some new jeans so I'm thinking a new cute top. Ok, enough fashion talk, you don't care about that.

Happy holidays everyone! Please eat some cheese and fried foods for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment