Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Can popping perfect popcorn be considered a life skill?

Despite being very tired it was so nice out today that I walked home from work. It's supposed to snow again on Thursday so I need to soak up all the nice weather while I can. I noticed some buds on trees which made me happy.

Derek made fish for dinner and as my "desert" I made some popcorn. I've been on a homemade popcorn kick lately. I forget how much better popcorn tastes when you make it yourself on the stove. I'm very skilled in stove top popping. I should add that to my resume.

Does anyone else think that Sheryl Sandberg's Ban Bossy campaign is just a tad ridiculous? Do we really need to ban words to empower women young women to be leaders? You don't empower a young woman by banning words. You teach her that words only have power over you if you let them.

I'm going to empower myself with a haircut tomorrow. I desperately need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment