Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Goodbye Frisco

I'm a big fan of the blog Honey Rock Dawn. I love Shreve's photos and reading all her stories about the animals in her life. I was really sad to read that Frisco passed away. I've never been around bulls or cows but by reading her blog I feel like I've learned so much about these gentle giants. I can only imagine how sad she must be when I'm getting teary eyed behind my computer screen.

I thought this poem Shreve posted was beautiful.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on the snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

- Mary Elizabeth Frye

RIP Frisco. Thank you for showing the internets how amazing bulls are.

1 comment: