Sunday, August 24, 2014

Yard sale vultures

Yesterday Derek and I got up at the ungodly hour of 6 a.m. to head to my mother's house to help with her yard sale. I hate waking up early on Saturdays but I will do it for my mother.

The yard sale was supposed to start at 9 but the first person showed up at 6:45 asking my mother how long she had to wait for the stuff to be put out. "Will you be ready in a half hour?" she asks. NO you vulture, go away. It was like that pretty much all morning. People were circling the cul-de-sac waiting for the first items to be put out. We were set up before 9 and and vultures could pick.

My mother did pretty well. Anything that sold that I brought went towards Mr. Binx's dental surgery next week. And good news on the Mr. Binx front. The kitty cardiologist said that his hernia is congenital and that they don't recommend surgery. The organs have been like this for so long trying to move everything could make things worse. I'm so happy about this news! He seems to be doing good and now they can move forward with pulling the bad tooth.

Back to the yard sale. I got to meet pancake.


Pancake is three months old and belong's to Tony's grand daughter Jillian. I don't even know what to do with this much cute. I mean come on, look at those ears!

Jillian was having a guess the amount of candy in a jar contest. The winner got the candy and a dozen fresh eggs. Tony's daughter has chickens in her back yard.

She had a cane and would dance around.

"One dollar to enter the contest. Guess the amount of candy and win the candy and some eggs but not the jar!"

I asked her how everything was going and she declared "business sucks!" I tried not to laugh and offered to help. We did pretty good I think.

The neighborhood kids set up a lemonade stand and my mother had the brilliant suggestion of spiking our purchased lemonade with vodka. Don't worry I just had one small cup. Thank you for the idea mom.


It got hot so I borrowed my mother's picnic table dress. Derek laughed it me. I kind of like it. I try to stay out of the sun as much as possible hence the hat. I'm wearing SPF 50. I say no thank you to skin cancer. I will be pasty.

Now I have a bunch of leftover crap from the yard sale. I mean it's good fun crap that I like so I couldn't leave empty handed. I saw a movie called Predators lying in a box and swiped that up quick. I have a weird love for anything Predator or Alien related. Both great franchises in my opinion. How I missed this movie I have no idea. 

Sadly the picnic dress did not come home with me.

2 comments:

  1. Pancake is adorable! I can't with those ears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want him so bad. At least I get to visit.

      Delete