Monday, January 26, 2015

Pardon me while I drool over your ice cream that I can't eat

I made the brave decision to go to the supermarket after work to buy some snack items to hold us over during the blizzard. There was not a veggie in sight so I had no choice but to get Cheetos.


The meteorologists are estimating anywhere between 2-3 feet of snow and that means people must buy all the things.

I was waiting in one of the very long checkout lines that just happened to wind all the way back to the frozen food isle. A women excuses herself and opens a freezer door pulling out a delicious looking chocolate chip ice cream. I wanted that ice cream so bad. Chocolate is one of my biggest IC (interstitial cystitis) trigger foods. Normally I can satisfy my sweet tooth without chocolate but today I just really really wanted the chocolate. People ask me if it would be worth it to just give in once in a while. That chocolate would have me up all night peeing. I lose sleep and if I'm working it's hard for me to concentrate because you constantly have that urge to pee on top of being exhausted. Sometimes a flare can last for days so it's just not worth it.

I know I'm not the only person in the world with food restrictions. I will not die if I eat chocolate as it's not a food allergy, so I should consider myself lucky in that respect. I still get to complain on my blog though.

So no chocolate chip ice cream for me, but luckily I can drink beer, and since I don't have to work tomorrow due to the blizzard I'm relaxing with a Bud Light and the Bachelor.

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like an excellent surprise-day-off-work plan!!! And, I'd agree, the effect of the chocolate is not worth the chocolate. But... does white chocolate have the same effect? I mean, it's man made and no actually chocolate....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So white chocolate is weird. Some white chocolate I can have and I'm fine and others cause me to flare. So I think it depends on how it's made. There's a granola bar I get at the supermarket that has white chocolate on it and I have no problem. I'm trying to figure out what it is that causes this. My guess is maybe the amount of cocoa butter in it.

      Delete
  2. A Bud Light to watch the Dud Light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it. Sometimes I really want shellfish even though it will kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how empty that case is! I hope it's not too bad for you guys! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the veggies were gone! I was kind of surprised by that. It's still snowing but we have power and heat (let's hope I didn't jinx myself).

      Delete
  5. it's still snowing here i think. it's hard to tell with the 50mph wind gusts. but we still haven't been plowed out - not that we had any plans but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it's hard to tell what's going on with all the wind. The drifts are going to be bad.

      Delete