Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Lazy healthy stir fry for one

I've been having a rough go of it the past few days with my reflux so I decided tonight to go back to a Ginny staple. I call it my lazy vegetarian stir fry. This dish is seriously easy to prepare and is healthy to boot. I used to make this quite a bit on nights I was too tired and hungry to spend much time in the kitchen cooking.

This is the face of a very hungry girl on the bus.
What you'll need

1 bag of frozen mixed veggies of your choosing (I use just half the bag)
1 cup of cooked rice (I use minute rice in ready to serve cups if I'm short on time. Leftover rice works great too)
1/2 tsp of soy sauce (I used a leftover packet from takeout)
1/4 tsp of sesame oil
1 egg
pinch of salt
a bit of olive oil for your frying pan

Let's get lazy cooking

Put a little bit of olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat and add half the bag of frozen veggies (use more or less depending on your preference). Let this cook for a few minutes in your pan until your veggies start to soften. While the veggies are cooking I cook the minute rice in the microwave.

Take your cup of rice and put it in with your veggies. Make a little space in the middle of your frying pan. Crack an egg into a bowl and put your egg right in that little space you just made in your pan.


Let your egg cook there for about a minute then just mix everything together. The egg will continue to cook in the stir fry. Now add your soy sauce, sesame oil and some salt.


Derek and use sesame oil all the time. It's strong so you only need a little bit. It really adds a great flavor to stir fry. I prefer to add the sesame oil directly to a spot on the pan rather than right on top of the stir fry and then mix it in.

Your stir fry is pretty much done at this point. I just stir it up for another minute to make sure the flavors are all mixed and the egg is cooked then get yourself a bowl.


And there you have it. This probably takes me about 10-15 minutes to whip up. You can use fresh veggies if you prefer and add some garlic if you don't have reflux like I do. It's filling, quick and healthy. I want to try this with quinoa at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment