Sunday, January 14, 2018

Back to Waltham

We had a busy day yesterday that included a trip back to my home town of Waltham. I picked up Bosco's ashes at the vet. They also include a paw print in cement with his name on it. It's a nice keepsake. I did get teary unpacking the urn and the paw print. I miss him and the apartment still doesn't feel right with out him.

Since the vet is not far from my home town we decided to have lunch at Jake n Joes and then go food shopping at Market Basket.

My new favorite sangria
The food was good and the red sangria was even better. After lunch we braved Market Basket. We don't have a Market Basket near us and I'm still amazed at how much cheaper groceries are there. The only downside is how busy it is. This plaza didn't exist yet when I lived in Waltham which I'm a little bitter about. It's close to where I lived and would have provided more restaurant and shopping options.

Saturday night we went to Golden Temple for some dinner and dancing. Derek doesn't like to dance but there's beer to keep him entertained. The music was a little odd. There was a lot of lesser known 90s music and I'm pretty sure Despacito was played 3 times. I did get some dancing in though.

The dance floor at Golden Temple
The crowd is always interesting at Golden Temple. There was one guy who looked like he came straight out of an 80s hair band. He had acid washed jeans and one long earring. I used my cousin Lauren to try to get a picture.

Mysterious 80s hair band guy and Lauren
Our last stop was Washington Square Tavern. One of the guys at the bar said he used to work there and remembered me and Derek. I didn't quite remember him but I had had a few beers at that point. The bar was pretty dead which was nice after Golden Temple.

The rest of my long weekend will be a little more low key but I'll take the extra day off.

4 comments:

  1. I love a red Sangria, but they always put far too much ice in it when I have them in the States.

    90's music is making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do it to cheap out and save money.

      Delete
  2. Acid washed jeans man. Clearly he's a time traveler. Thanks to you and Lauren for the covert pic.

    ReplyDelete