Sunday, April 27, 2014

And I only broke two nails

Yesterday was a fairly lazy Saturday. I got up for a bit and then took a nap. After my nap I headed over to AutoZone to get some new wiper blades for my car. I managed to only break two nails trying to get the old blades off. I considered getting Derek for help but managed to get it done myself.

After taking care of my broken thumb nails we headed over to Sunset for dinner. Fiona and her roommate met up with us after we ate since they were across the street experiencing the deliciousness of BonChon for the first time.

Fiona's roommate Katie ordered a drink called the Rum Jungle. I believe it contained coconut rum, pineapple juice, pomegranate juice and ginger ale.


Katie trying to listen to a song and drink the Rum Jungle.

Fiona and I decided to order our own Rum Jungles. The first round of drinks was missing pineapple juice so we sent it back, which I hate to do, but it came out much better the second time.


Fiona and I showed off our cherry stem tying skills.


We had a fun time and I'm proud to say my cherry stem tying skills are improving.


My stealth photography skills at work. Derek never knows when I take a photo of him until it goes up on the blog.

This morning Derek and I visited my mom's boyfriend Tony who is in the hospital after back surgery. He seems to be doing good. Some of his old work friends stopped by and were pretty funny cracking jokes and making all of us laugh. I really hope the back surgery helps him.

Monica was up in Maine for the weekend with a friend but she comes back tonight. I'm making her a classic Ginny dish which Derek won't eat - homemade mac and cheese. Who doesn't like mac and cheese? Crazy people I tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Changing wiper blades is super easy...I just can't do it, I have them changed when I bring the car in for service. They do it in about 12 seconds.

    I won a second date with Mrs. Cranky before she was Mrs. Cranky by that cherry stem trick...she didn't think I could do it...unless she wanted a second date...hmmm I hadn't thought of that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thumb nails probably don't want me to change wiper blades again.

      I think Mrs. Cranky knew what she was doing ;)

      Delete